Have You Tried These Castor Oil Trends? No matter which side of TikTok you are on, you probably have seen hundreds of videos shared by people who live and breathe castor oil. Castor oil may not be the new kid on the block, but it’s definitely on the list of top five most talked about natural remedies for just about any and everything. I am very familiar with the use and benefits of castor oil.
I grew up in a home where castor oil was the go-to oil for just about any and every ailment. You have a cold? rub castor oil along with Vicks vapor rub on your chest, back, and soles of your feet, and you should be ready to take on the world in no time. From its use as a laxative to curing inflammation and stiffness, castor oil was a staple in my home.
But these new claims have me scratching my head and calling my mom and other elders, seeking clarity on some very unusual use of our favorite oil. Especially when you consider how quickly trends come and go. We’ve included two videos of users sharing their success with castor oil, which may remove the notion that these castor oil trends are here for a season, but are in fact effective, with multiple benefits.
As with any product, remember to do a patch test before using castor oil on your skin to check for any adverse reactions. Always use pure, cold-pressed castor oil for best results. If you have any concerns or specific medical conditions, consult with a healthcare professional before trying these castor oil trends for medicinal purposes.
Have You Tried These Trends? Eleven Ways to Use Castor Oil
- Naval Oiling or Naval Pulling: Many users are claiming to have found long-term relief of menstrual cramps, and pain due to fibroids and cystic ovaries, reduction of “lumps”, PCOS, endometriosis, constipation, detoxification, weight loss and so much more.
- How to use it: simply add a few drops in your naval; many suggest warming the oil before use, laying it flat for 15-20 minutes to prevent spillage, and using the remaining oil that didn’t absorb into the skin to massage and rub all over the abdomen (which many are saying have helped in reducing stomach fat. You can also use a wooden lymphatic tool to massage the remaining oil into the area.
2. Castor Oil on face: Several Tiktokers are claiming to have accomplished a more lifted and tightened skin under their eyes, and smile lines. As well as reduction of acne and other fine lines. Some have even gone as far as saying that adding castor oil as part of their skin care regimen, specifically facial regimen has helped with decreasing fine lines, thereby presenting a more “youthful” and tighter face.
- add one drop to your daily moisturizer and apply as usual.
3. Constipation Relief:
- Oral Use: Castor oil is a powerful laxative. However, it should only be taken orally under the guidance of a healthcare professional as it can have strong effects on the digestive system.
- Topical Use: Some people use castor oil packs on the abdomen to relieve constipation. A cloth soaked in castor oil is placed on the abdomen and covered with a heating pad.
- Wound Healing: Castor oil can be applied to minor cuts and wounds to promote healing and prevent infection.
4. Callus and Corn Softening: Soak your feet in warm water with a few drops of castor oil to soften calluses and corns before exfoliating.
5. Joint and Muscle Pain Relief: Massaging castor oil into sore joints and muscles may help reduce inflammation and provide relief.
6. Hair Growth and Care:
- Hair Growth: Castor oil is popular for promoting hair growth. Apply it to your scalp and massage it in to stimulate hair follicles and encourage growth.
- Hair Conditioner: Use castor oil as a hair conditioner by applying it to the ends of your hair. It helps moisturize and prevent split ends.
- Dandruff Treatment: Castor oil can help treat dandruff when massaged into the scalp regularly.
7. Eyebrow and Eyelash Growth: Apply castor oil to your eyebrows and eyelashes using a clean mascara brush to help them grow thicker and longer.
8. Scar Reduction: Some people use castor oil on scars to help them fade over time.
9. Thickening Eyebrows and Eyelashes: Apply castor oil to thin eyebrows or eyelashes to make them appear thicker.
10. Treat Sunburn: Castor oil can help soothe sunburned skin. Apply it gently to the affected areas.
11. Treat Fungal Infections: The antifungal properties of castor oil may help with fungal infections like athlete’s foot or ringworm.
Is castor oil part of your daily regimen?